Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Braced For Beauty

I've just been to my dentist, Doc Pong, only to accompany my officemate Joyce who was scheduled today for upper and lower metal brackets installation. I remember the 1st day I got my braces and I was so excited then as I am now--for Joyce. As for myself, I tried to request for dental cleaning but Doc said I just had my 1st adjustment a week ago and I am not scheduled until after the Holy Week (28-Mar). It would have to wait until then. (Patience, patience...)

Afterwards we went to SM & Landmark to scout for affordable interdental brushes & picks, floss, and other dental hygiene stuff you can imagine. Joyce and I got these dual purpose picks which have rubber picks at one end and small conical brushes at the other end. In addition, I bought a tongue cleaner while Joyce purchased a dental floss.

I have always wanted to have braces because I'd like to see my teeth straightened so I could smile more confidently. Smiling doesn't require too much effort for me as it comes naturally. But smiling for a close-up pose is a different story. This was a long delayed plan, or let me say 'gift', for myself. Before I decided on it, I went through a lot of arguments with myself-- one side took me on a guilt trip due to the financial aspects of it and the other side kept convincing me I should reward myself too after years of working. Now you know which side won the battle.

Frankly speaking, I can't believe I became this meticulous about my teeth or dental hygiene. I wasn't so particular about it-- not until I got my braces early this year (finally!). Now I'm constantly looking for products that could help me keep my teeth/tongue clean and my gums healthy. It has become quite a fetish. Though I admit flossing is really tiresome not to mention challenging what with all the dental appliances in the way!

I guess I just have to put up with this for more than a year (for beauty's sake, girl!). They say that braces can also help you lose weight, or lose the extra fat around the midsection...(yahknowwhatimean). Though I have to see it for myself. So, braces anyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger Markus Ezekiel Caidoy said...

I'd like to meet your dentist..It's really important for me to know the doctor before I trust him/her.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Giggle said...

Sure. I have come to trust Doc since I saw several officemates got nice sets of teeth during and after their treatment. 3 years ago pa dapat ako, now lang natuloy. Let me know your sked, I'll be happy to accompany you. :-)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home