Thursday, June 09, 2005

Good News, Bad News (Torn, Part 3)

And so came the hour of my sister's arrival, the same time Rolly & I arrived at the airport.

We have already had our dinner to make sure we won't get hungry while waiting (although I still brought a pack of chips, just in case). After just 15 minutes, the plane arrived. I'll have to wait another hour before she enters the arrival area, I thought to myself. Indeed, we saw her coming down the sloping ground with her pushcart almost an hour afterwards.

I waved to my sister and met her with a kiss and hug. We hurried into a Duty-free shop for some chocolates costing $26 a pack (the selection isn't that varied, though). Anyway, we finally hired a taxi to bring us home and while we were travelling, we talked and laughed and updated each other with news from each of our end. When we got home, we still didn't feel sleepy as we were still talking about a lot of things, trying to keep up with what's happening and what has been missed lately. Then we sorted through all the pasalubong for the cousins and uncle and aunt and especially for the little one, my dear niece, Mariz.

It was 4am when we finally slept then rested until quite late in the morning. My sis planned to go home to the province as she already missed her daughter. And being the mother, she couldn't seem to wait for another day to go by. But she was too tired from the travel and lack of sleep from the previous night that she slept again in the afternoon and quite early that evening. Next day, she bought a ticket scheduled for a 3:20pm flight to Iloilo. That's good news as she would finally see her daughter after almost a year of being apart. Since she's expected to arrive there at 4:30pm, she can still catch the last trip of transportation going to Sara, where Mariz is currently staying with our Aunt, Uncle & cousins.

I accompanied her to the airport and went back to the office at 1pm. At 3pm though, I received her text message: Call me, delayed flight. What! That's bad news as it would mean she could only re-book her ticket for the next day. The flight was moved to 4:30pm. That means she would not be able to proceed to Sara and she doesn't have a place to stay in Iloilo City either. Angry and frustrated, my sister had the date changed for the next day and went back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home