Saturday, July 30, 2005

Overtime Over and Over

Another work week has ended, or so I thought. We are in for another round of overtime work. This time, it's not in 4-hour installments per weekday but 3 Saturdays (8 hours each) at least! So let me take advantage of this few minutes of free time to update this blog.

After 2 weeks of overtime work in early July, we had another project but I didn't volunteer for that one (good thing it wasn't compulsory and only 5 people were needed for it). Now comes another clean-up project (compulsory this time) that needs to be done over and above our normal review responsibilities. Looking at it at the bright side, this is such a great opportunity! Imagine a constant flow of reasons to get paid in addition to one's regular wage. What project would be next in line? These are what we've come to call as "earning opportunities" (or "pagkakakitaan"). The drawback is that too much work brings on a feeling of nausea, not because I'm just tensed but because I'm pushed almost to my saturation point. Come on, I'd like a breather!

Maybe I'm just overworked. Maybe I just lack some sleep. Maybe I'm just fed up. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm 'all of the above'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home